Sunday, May 16, 2010

Remembering the late Dr Goh Keng Swee

Sad to hear the passing of the late Dr Goh Keng Swee, an old guard minister, from my colleague on last Friday morning at work. I don't know much about him because I am not from that era and he has retired from the cabinet during my growing up years.  However have been reading alot about him these few days.  He was one of the founders of PAP and has played a huge part to bring us to where we are today.  Without him, there will be no JTC Industrial, Sentosa, Jurong Bird Park, as well as the the improvised education system.  He is a very private man and doesn't like publicity. I think it is good to enjoy one's privacy which is priceless. 

I read from papers that he will tear his tissue paper into half and save the other half for future use.  We have the same habit. I also do that.  Call me frugal but that is the way I use my tissue paper.  Such a waste to use the whole piece at one go if we can save the other half for future use, when the circumstances permit.  Unless you really need to use the whole piece of tissue paper at one go at your situation based on your own judgement.  It is better to reduce, reuse and recycle and don't waste things.  Be environmental friendly.

I was looking through my drawers and found some SGD1.00 note signed by the late Dr Goh Keng Swee when he was the Chairman Board of Commissioner in Singapore.  Such precious treasures find.

My SGD1.00 note signed by the late Dr Goh Keng Swee

Rest in peace Dr Goh.  I salute you, Sir.

No comments: