Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Lunar New Year

Today is the first day of the Lunar New Year.  Fashionably yours is so busy with cooking and entertaining my relatives.  My house is like an open house with non stop CNY visitings by my relatives.  My CNY is more busy than my working days because I have to buy grocery for the CNY feasting, clean the house and buy CNY goodies to entertain my guests/relatives. 

It is nice to see my relatives for our once a year catch up.  Glad they enjoyed all the CNY goodies which I bought.  There are pineapple tarts, kuen pang kuet, cranberry mix nuts, honey sour plum sweet and crispy banana chips.  Fashionably yours ate some too and can't resist them.  Ate till my body feels abit heatiness.  Need some cooling drinks to cool down the heatiness in my body.

My family has been eating steamboat since our reunion dinner.  Yummy and ate till so full and getting abit tired of eating it.  Want to eat something else.  Guess most family are eating steamboat for CNY which is common here. 

So what else does people do during CNY. Most of us will gamble, play majong, watching TV, eat and make merry catching up with one anoteher.  During CNY, Singapore seems like shutting down, because most of the shops are closed for business.  Everybody is celebrating CNY. I am looking forward to see Lion dance performance.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year.

No comments: